Our mission is to assist plan sponsors in fulfilling their fiduciary obligations and to help participants develop and sustain meaningful retirement income.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Measuring the positive effect we have from our guidance and services.
- We focus on expense minimization and client solutions from the best companies and sources available.
- We help our retirement clients easily understand potential advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Our retirement client’s needs and goals are our top priority. Our business exists simply to service our clients.
- We strive to anticipate client needs. We apply our expertise and high attentiveness to exceed our client’s expectations.
OUR SERVICE DELIVERABLES
Core Competency – Given that retirement plans are complex and highly regulated, an investment advisory firm should have a core competency within the retirement marketplace. We have provided retirement solutions for our clients for over 25 years. At the very heart of our business retirement strategy is our professional and credentialed team of specialists of Accredited Fiduciaries, Chartered Retirement Plan Specialists, and ERISA Fiduciary Advisors, who rigorously monitor the economic and regulatory environment. The availability of these highly qualified personnel under one roof, in a carefully coordinated effort, differentiates us from our peers.
Plan Design Specialists
Retirement plan design can be fully customized. Our mission is to assist you in customizing a plan design that achieves the goals you have established for your company. Whether your primary objective is to reward key employee performance or provide a comprehensive benefit for all of your employees, we are available to review various design and administration alternatives for your consideration:
- Profit Sharing (traditional, integrated, age-weighted, and cross-tested)
- 401(k) (traditional, Safe Harbor, and individual)
- Defined Benefit (traditional and fully insured)
- Cash Balance
We have the resources to guide you in solving important plan design challenges such as elective and matching contributions, vesting, Qualified Default investment options, and voluntary and automatic enrollment.
With the passage of each fiduciary regulation, there is a growing emphasis on the fiduciary due diligence process itself. Therefore, the need to assist plan fiduciaries in creating a framework and process is of paramount importance. Our service deliverables are invaluable in helping plan sponsors develop and manage this process:
- Our team will act as plan fiduciaries as defined by ERISA 3(21)
- Assist in establishing a governing Investment Committee
- Educate Investment Committee members in their fiduciary responsibilities
- Create and maintain a fiduciary audit file checklist to fulfill fiduciary duties
- Provide an annual service calendar to monitor and review all service and compliance deliverables
Provider Fee Benchmarking
Selecting a suitable investment provider for your plan is an important fiduciary decision. Evaluating the services and expenses of multiple providers can be complicated and overwhelming for a plan sponsor.
Let us streamline the process for you with our powerful search engine – Plan Investigator, which provides:
- Customized reports featuring multiple providers
- Comparative analysis of features and costs
- Industry benchmarking
If you decide to convert your plan to a new vendor platform, we efficiently manage this process on your behalf by:
- Providing analysis and commentary of the vendor materials regarding the new product and services
- Providing educational information relative to investment alternatives that you are considering and the appropriateness of mapping
- Acting as liaison between you and the investment record keeping and service providers
Investment Selection and Monitoring
An established investment strategy is critical for a retirement plan. A written Investment Policy Statement (IPS) will assist you in fulfilling your duties as a plan fiduciary. Our analytical tools, including Plan Investigator, are to assist you with your obligation as a plan fiduciary by evaluating, selecting, monitoring and replacing investment options to meet the plan’s investment policy requirements. These tools include:
- Fiduciary Guide and Introductory Report
- Sample Investment Policy Statement
- Investment Fund Performance Report
We provide the following investment-related services:
- Asset allocation. We provide educational tools and resources for plan participants to utilize in order to set their own appropriate mix of asset classes and investment styles to address the needs of their investment goals and life-stage challenges.
- Manager evaluation and selection. Plan sponsors have access to our extensive research capabilities to help them research, evaluate and select a diversified, cost-effective lineup of active and passive investment options. We are acting as an ERISA 3(21) co-fiduciary to provide additional support as needed or desired by plan sponsors.
- Qualified Default Investment Alternative (QDIA) evaluation. We provide research assistance and information that enables plan sponsors to evaluate QDIA options available under their investment platform so that they may select QDIA options which meet the suitability requirements for participants who either do not make investments elections or enroll automatically.
- Investment Reviews. We conduct and present systematic reviews of the plan’s investments so that plan sponsors may evaluate performance, risk characteristics and expenses of such investment options. We also provide information on alternative funds selected by plan sponsors to assist them in determining whether changes may be appropriate.
- Managed portfolios. We can make additional diversified portfolios available of investments for participants using customized asset allocation models created and managed by ERISA 3(38) investment managers to aid the plan sponsor in fulfilling their fiduciary obligation regarding those portfolios.
- Retirement income planning. We provide investment education and tools to pre-retirees or those approaching age 72 to assist them in evaluating their retirement-income needs and implement strategies for managing, spending, and investing voluntary or mandatory distributions from their retirement accounts.
- Participant-level services. We are available to provide investment education and tools to participants to help them evaluate their retirement savings goals and implement appropriate contribution and investment decisions.
- Education Policy Statement (EPS). We draft an EPS specifically for your company, monitor and measure our effectiveness and report granular results to the Investment Committee.
- Employee enrollment. We lead, present, and arrange enrollment meetings and provide vendor approved online and printed educational materials to encourage participation.
- Participant plan fee education. We provide information regarding plan fees and communicate the plan’s requirements for requesting additional information about plan fees and expenses.
- Retirement readiness. We provide systematic education programs addressing the employee’s larger financial concerns, such as retirement planning and college costs.
- Planning tools. We review with participants access to online or offline retirement planning tools to help them make appropriate contribution and investment election decisions.
FINANCIAL BLUEPRINT ADVISORY GROUP
- We have built a core competency and comprehensive framework to properly advise and service employer sponsored retirement plans with a dedicated team of specialists. Superlative levels of expertise (specialists by legal designations) and experience (25 years), that is backed with powerful, engineered systems and technology which is closely monitored and managed.
- We strive to assure plans meet plan sponsor objectives, are compliant, cost-effective and document the process to prove so.
- Management of sponsor personal liability via fiduciary advice at plan and participant levels under a co-fiduciary model ERISA 3(21) status.
- Fully securities-licensed, seasoned, objective professionals.
- Fully backed by the Pension Resource Center; a team of 11 fiduciary analysts (part of ourBroker/Dealer) and additional professionals within the Baystate Financial offices.
- Objective investment advice (versus “guidance”), which is supplying information that each individual needs to decide upon allocation percentages to each choice, when, etc.
- Objective, ongoing vendor evaluation and best-in-class plan oversight.
- Monthly plan investment option evaluation and comparisons.
- Annual (minimum) full plan fiduciary evaluation via a fully documented process.
- Fiduciary due diligence file contents are prepared for the Plan Sponsor.
- Intensely focused personal commitment.
- Automatically provide a Request For Proposal (RFP) for each plan every 3 years. The process gets documented for the plan sponsor.
- Communicate with sponsors and participants as needed, especially through volatile periods.
- Create and provide documented proof of 404(c) compliance for plan fiduciaries.
- As a co-fiduciary, demonstrate we put plan sponsors and participants best interests first.